Thursday 10 May 2012

Rumaana Gaffar- Evaluation Question 3: What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

An institution is a company that disperses a media product for audience consumption. There are many well known distribution companies but to work out which company will distribute my media product I will have to see the movies they’ve distributed previously and which movies genre and style matches with my media product. I believe Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks Pictures would distribute my media product. I reached this conclusion after seeing the movie ‘Paranormal Activity’ which they distributed. Paranormal Activity is a physiological thriller and consists of an unseen ‘things’ existence. If my media product was completed you would be able to see that it’s about children having taken drugs and them not being sure whether there is an unseen ‘things’ existence in the school or if it’s the drugs and this makes my media product a psychological thriller as it’s about playing with the audiences mind as well as the characters.
My media product goes for a very large mainstream audience as it follows many conventions of real media thrillers. It does go against some of the conventions but overall it is acceptable for a mainstream. As well as this my media product concludes of what suspense and thrill that the audience expects from a thriller. I believe that Universal will be willing to distribute my media product as they try going for a very mainstream audience and my media product has also done this so it would fit in very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment